Sobeys Inc. in Conception Bay South, NL
Requisition ID: 73252
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Atlantic Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
Location: 0590 Long Pond Sobeys
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Process Grocery orders
- Perform program execution and merchandising of product
- Perform retail floor maintenance
- Maintain back shop
- Receive warehouse orders
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Participate in the training of junior staff
- Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
- Process department shrink
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Additional duties for receiving shifts (as authorized and scheduled by management
- Receive, unload and verify load and bill of lading against truck schedule for all incoming product
- Tag and mark each pallet and complete receiving paperwork as assigned (shrink reports, claims)
- Compare packing slips to goods and key product information into SAP system
- Ensure equipment is in good working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions
- Provide internal customer service by effectively communicating with store management / staff and providing updates on shipments as requested
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.