Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L. Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Day Surgery / Short Surical Stay
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5-hour and/or 11.25-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As a member of the nursing team, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with and report to a registered nurse to provide direct nursing care to patients. The successful candidate will also be required to participate in the collection of data, identification of problems and in the planning, evaluation and delivery of nursing care.
- Degree from a certified licensed practical nursing program and registered with the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses;
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of this certification;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"