DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, OFFSHORE
Atlantic Towing Limited in Saint John, NB
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, OFFSHORE
The Transportation and Logistics division of J.D. Irving, Ltd. l ocated at 300 Union Street in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, E2L 4M3, is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors ( www.jdirving.com ). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Atlantic Towing Limited is a well-established and growing marine transportation company with a diverse fleet of Anchor Handling Tug and Support Vessels (AHTS), Multi-Functional Platform Supply Vessels (PSV), Conventional Tugs and Barges, and Azimuth Drive Tugs Our Offshore fleet consists of 13 vessels (AHTS and PSV) and 350 employees with current operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, British Columbia,and the North Sea.
We are currently seeking applications for the position of Director of Operations, Offshore to lead our Offshore business segment. T his is a permanent, full-time role based in Saint John, New Brunswick . The primary language of work is English.
As a key member of the leadership team, responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility and accountability for the Offshore business sector profitability
- Maximizing growth and profitability by working in an integrated manner with the Sales & Marketing Team
- Management of current Customer accounts, relations and all operating requirements
- Development of new business opportunities, business adjacencies and securing new contracts
- Leading pricing analysis for commercial opportunities and the development of proformas /business case analysis for the support of bid submissions
- Development of formal bid submissions and request for proposal responses in the Offshore sector
- Ensuring all contract execution is fulfilled in a safe manner, on time and on budget
- Management and facilitation of various resource groups (Sales and Marketing, Operations, Project Management, Technical, Legal and other) in order to develop project/work scope strategy and delivery
- Leadership in the safety and environmental strategies and operational execution for the Offshore sector
- Full business cycle management including billing and accounts receivable
- Ensuring appropriate leading measures and key performance indicators are in place to help manage the offshore business sectors
- Identification, development and leading process improvement opportunities
- Ensuring the integrity of ATL's Offshore assets in order to maintain high utilization that supports Customer's needs
- Completion of an undergraduate degree, MBA is an asset
- Previous P&L management would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 12 years of Marine industry experience is required
- Proven leadership and management competencies required
- Experience in leading problem-solving activities from identification through to execution
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to foster positive relationships
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies would be considered a strong asset
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.