Senior Internal Auditor
Irving Business Services in Saint John, NB
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to join our growing team as a Senior Internal Auditor who will contribute to the achievement of the audit mandate through leadership and execution of varied and unique operational and compliance audits.
The Senior Internal Auditor will work closely with the business and be exposed to senior leaders, requiring excellent tact, professionalism and maturity. The incumbent is expected to be independent, adaptable and possess a comprehensive knowledge of audit and internal control best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform risk assessments and establish scoping for internal audit projects
- Develop and execute associated audit programs
- Work with IT Auditors to determine application related audit activities
- Identify analytics requirements and support execution as part of planning and audit work
- Thoroughly investigate findings and identify root causes for deficiencies
- Provide innovative and practical recommendations based on best practice
- Prepare and present audit findings and reports to senior business leaders
- Provide input into management activities including audit backlog and scorecard
- Lead ad hoc projects, as required
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the business and internal audit function; implement improvements within the internal audit function
- Lead, train and mentor team members and other personnel
- Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Professional accounting designation (ACCA, CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or related designation a significant asset
- 8 or more years' experience in external, internal or forensic audit or internal control
- Data analytics expertise a significant asset, particularly Alteryx
- Strong and direct communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills, including attention to detail
- Demonstrated root cause analysis and solutions experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Possess problem solving, investigative and negotiating skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate processes, procedures and controls
- The ability to operate and view issues at a strategic level
- Hands on with an ability to manage simultaneous initiatives
- Willingness to travel, primarily within the region
- Experience with JD Edwards Enterprise 1 and Cognos an asset
*Relocation is available for qualifying candidates
What We Offer:
As a valued member of our team, you have the opportunity of a multitude of career paths across a number of diverse industries, all while building your skills with the organization. We offer a competitive benefit and salary package, and continuous training and development opportunities. Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.