Rogers Communications Inc. in Toronto, ON
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
At Rogers & Fido, the Store Development Team oversees the Architectural construction drawings of Rogers & Fido retail stores across Canada. We help bring our store experience to life!
Recently we have expanded our scope & role to support the Corporate Real Estate team portfolio.
Our designs are always evolving to meet our customers' needs. We are a team that embraces an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages out of the box thinking and we value the exchange of ideas. Each designer works on a variety of projects ranging from new store builds to prototyping fixtures. Working closely with Store Design, Merchandising & Project Managers we collaborate on executing the design vision.
We bring energy and a positive attitude to every project and together we work towards delivering the best possible environments for our customers!
The Store Development team is seeking an interior designer or architectural technologist who is passionate about retail design, architecture and construction. The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
What you will be doing:
- Prepares and manages documentation for architectural planning such as:
- Floor plans
- Egress plans
- Finish plans
- Reflected ceiling plan
- Elevations and storefront details
- Storefront renderings
- Lead design review meetings with key design stake holders from cross functional teams
- Work collaboratively and build strong internal and external relationships with Rogers & Fido stakeholders and vendors
- Responsible for the design process from the preliminary stage to final drawings; this includes engaging all stakeholders (internal and external) while supporting the construction project managers throughout the build cycle
- Project manage multiple projects while prioritizing the output of tasks
- Manage architects, drafters and engineers on drawing completion dates, permitting and handing over projects to construction PM's for bid, purchasing and build execution
- Offer opportunities for cost reductions or client experience improvements
- Keep well informed of the latest technological developments relating to field of practice
- Perform site surveys/visits as required across Canada
- Knowledge in fixture detailing and manufacturing
What you have:
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design or Architectural technology
- Prior retail design or architecture experience (5+ years)
- Advanced AutoCAD, 3D renderings using Sketch Up, Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Microsoft (MS) Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of construction methods
- Project Management
- Intermediate level of communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of landlord approval process and tenant design criteria
- Strong ability to drive work to ensure deadlines are met
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and dependable
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Good knowledge of current building codes, ADA requirements
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Real Estate / Facilities & Projects and Planning
Requisition ID: 181682
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]