Senior Electrical Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7 or 35 Mic Mac Blvd, Dartmouth NS B3A 4Y8, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent, full-time role (one opening) based in Halifax NS.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will report to the Electrical Team Lead for CSC and will be responsible for:
- Subcontractor management in the area of platform electrical systems
- Responsible for all members of platform electrical engineering team
- Participate in platform Integrated Project Teams
- Manage subcontractor development of design deliverables and purchase specifications
- Review of electrical content in technical design reviews
- Requirements and change management for electrical systems
- Customer liaison and relations
Successful Candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Recognized Engineering Degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering
- 7 - 10 Years experience with Marine Electrical Systems
- Experience in all aspects of marine electrical systems, including electrical generators, electrical distribution networks, IPMS, switchboards, cable management, EMI/EMC management, grounding and bonding, etc
- Experience working on naval new building and/or refit projects
- Experience with various naval electrical standards such as MIL-STDs, DEFSTAN, etc.
- Experience working with classification society rules for electrical systems
- Experience with electrical system design and cable management software
- Knowledge of naval ship electrical system survivability features an advantage
- Experience managing technical teams an advantage
- Strong communication and personal time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.