Configuration & Information Management Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CONFIGURATION & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This position, within the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Program, will be responsible for executing technical responsibilities within the Configuration & Information Management (CIM) team of the Technical Cross Product Team (CPT). This position will form part of a team of Technical Specialists that will support the CIM Manager with the provision of Configuration and Information Management technical support to the entire CSC Engineering Team, as well as the Warship Designer and Combat System Integrator. The team will provide support to the following functions, CM Identification, CM Status Accounting, CM Verification & Audit, CIM Configuration, Program History & Intelligence Management, CM Control, Information/Data Security and Information/Data Handling. In addition, the team will support a range of Technical Review Boards, and the tracking and reporting status of the configuration baselines and changes via the Configuration Status Accounting System.
- Act as a Configuration & Information Management subject matter expert supporting the CSC project teams
- Provide CIM support to project throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that fully compliant and certified systems are provided in accordance with requirements, governing standards, and sound engineering practice.
- Develop plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams or Working Groups, as required, to provide Configuration Management support
- Define, measure and achieve technical and earned value targets for assigned activities
- Ensure all Subcontractor and ISI deliverables are compliant with the Statement of Work
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the management team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support Project Management and ISI initiatives as required for the CSC project to succeed.
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Systems Engineering team
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Post-Secondary education in a technical discipline
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years' experience in the following:
- Maritime, defence environment
- Conduct operations within an 'EIA-649 Standard for Configuration Management' environment
- Configuration / Data Management
- Excellent personal time management
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Configuration management experience
- Experience working in design, production and / or test on a ship construction program
- Understanding of Combat and Ship System Architectures
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.