Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care based on their patients' needs. They will plan, provide and assess nursing care and will collaborate in the delivery of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative and palliative care. They will also participate in teaching patients.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Professionalism and ability to establish helping relationships;
- Proven ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Patient teaching skills;
- Cardiac arrhythmia course or completion of course within set time frame;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Sense of responsibility as well as planning and organizational skills;
- Following personal qualities: good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to solve conflict situations;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work during very busy periods and to work quickly;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"