Sobeys Summer Student Program (Atlantic)
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 68761
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: N/A
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 2
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys Corporate Office in Stellarton, NS is currently recruiting College/University students for our Summer Student Program. This program offers several student positions (from May - September) for current College/University students as well as recent/upcoming graduates.
Working in the Sobeys Corporate Office, students will have an opportunity to develop skills in an office environment, acquire valuable work experience, and gain exposure to a large national company. Opportunities exist in a variety of departments such as:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Real Estate
Please indicate your top 3 areas of interest on your application
* Currently enrolled in a College or University program, with at least the first year of studies completed, and returning to full-time studies in September 2020 or a recent/upcoming graduate. (preference for students in a business/commerce program (or related field), or those with Retail experience)
To be a good fit for a corporate position with Sobeys you also have:
Demonstrated a strong commitment to customer service
The ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the overall success of the group
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships
Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
The ability to adapt, prioritize tasks, maintain focus, and understand and resolve issues
Strong business acumen
The desire to improve processes, think broadly, and show drive and initiative
Computer skills in MS Office (Excel)
Please ensure you include the following information in your application:
Your school name, program of study, major, and graduation date
Copy of your unofficial transcripts (instructions on how to attach below)
Your work and volunteer experience
Your experience/skill in various computer programs
Any unique skills or qualifications you may have
Any scholarships you have received
* Your interest in a particular type of work/department (i.e.: Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, Human Resources, Information Technology, etc…)
Any type of document can be attached to your profile (such as cover letters, transcripts, reference letters, etc.) but the system is limited to accept two attachments at any one time. If you combine cover letters, resumes, transcripts into one Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) file, it will only count as one file.
- Click the 'Career Center' link in the top menu
- Once in your Career Center click on the 'Resume Attachments' link
- Click 'Add New Resume Attachment' on the right side of the page
- In this section you can now upload your transcript file by clicking the 'Browse' button and locating the file on your computer, then clicking
- You can now click the 'Add Resume Attachment' button and wait for your file to upload. Once the upload process is complete, you will be displayed a list of successful file uploads now attached to your profile
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.