Full time, 20 month term
Miramichi or Moncton
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Project Manager, to help support our growing operation, which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Management, the Project Manager will oversee a project entitled Care Coordination for Vulnerable Patients within the Northumberland County. This 3-phase project will implement and evaluate a care coordination model for patients in the Miramichi area, with the goal to reduce the rates of emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
This novel technology-enabled approach to care will create seamless care coordination and provide better health and care experiences for patients with complex needs living in the community. The Project manager will work in collaboration with a team of project experts, which includes researchers from McGill University, Université de Moncton and University of New Brunswick along with community care partners such as Miramichi Regional Health Authority, First Nations, and Social Development.
The Project Manager will oversee all implementation activities while assigning appropriate project resources. The Project Manager's goal will be to deliver the project initiatives on time, within budget and within scope. The Steering Committee will provide oversight, guidance and ensure the achievements and delivery of project outcomes and outputs.
Major responsibilities include:
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities;
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures;
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately;
- Define team communications plan;
- Establish team operating guidelines;
Project Execution & Control
- Maintain project schedule;
- Maintain RAID (Risks, Actions, Issues and Decision) logs;
- Minimize corporate exposure to risk on project;
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Define and control project budget;
- Assure project legal documents are completed and signed;
- Ensure program quality management
- Review deliverables prepared by team;
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools;
- Provide direction and support to project team;
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders including problems and solutions;
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs;
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for a project;
- Identify opportunities for growth;
- Hold regular status meetings with project team;
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion;
- Provide consultation and assistance to project partners;
- Work closely with project team/research team;
- Guide development of sustainability plan;
- Work collaboratively with community partners;
- Foster a culture that focuses on patient safety and a safe workplace
As the ideal candidate for this position you:
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, operation management or other related field;
- Minimum five years' experience in a progressively responsible leadership position;
- Minimum two years' experience in project management related activities;
- Qualification in program/project management or equivalent experience;
- Experience managing large scale projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience in people management, in strategic planning, risk management and change management;
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management;
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools;
- Proficient interpersonal relationships;
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully;
- Proficient in project management software and understands application programming, database and system design;
- Understand Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially spreadsheets, word processing and database software;
- Excellent time management skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills; and
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Bilingualism would be considered an asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and have the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes February 23, 2020.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.