Health, Safety & Wellness Coordinator
WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We're focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for a 12-month contract position of Health, Safety and Wellness Coordinator, located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Occupational Health and Safety Specialist, you will be responsible to support the development, implementation and evaluation of WorkSafeNB's safety management system. You will support workplace health and safety throughout all WorkSafeNB work locations. In addition, you will deliver training on policies, procedures and regulations and exhibit the necessary leadership to enforce all established safety regulations and safe work practices.
You demonstrate our core competencies:
- Client-Focused Service
You possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- One to three years of experience in administration of occupational health and safety programs.
- Excellent working knowledge of NB OHS Act and regulation.
- Knowledge with incident/accident reporting and investigation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and solid communication skills.
- CRSP designation is an asset.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Bilingualism an asset.
If you are interested in employment with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by March 4, 2020.