Patient Care Attendant 1 (3023)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Tertiary Psychiatric Care - Rehabilitation
CLASSIFICATION: Patient Care Attendant 1 (3023)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 7 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotation - Possibility of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
To assist in the care of patients and perform assigned duties under supervision. To remain in close proximity of patients assigned or as directed by nursing personnel. Actively participate in patient safety initiatives.
- High School diploma with successful completion of recent post-secondary studies such as: Health Care Aide or any acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Current BLS certification;
- Excellent public relation and interpersonal skills;
- Initiative and judgment in priority setting;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "