Driver Delivery Full Time 1
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 68123
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 884 Westphal Lawtons
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Delivery Driver will ensure the timely and accurate distribution pick up of goods between Store Locations, customers homes, and third party sites. The Drivers will always be cognizant of the integrity and safety of the materials they transport. The Drivers will be responsible for accepting varying forms of payment and will be required to turn in completed work orders at the end of each working day. The Delivery Drivers will do their utmost to keep customers satisfied by being friendly, courteous, thorough, and on time. The Delivery Driver models outstanding leadership, interpersonal skills, teamwork, superior judgment, decision making and commitment to the success of the Lawtons Home Health Care team.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe and respectful manner
- Complete daily work orders as required
- Responsible for providing superior customer service to Home Health Care (HHC) customers
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of Lawtons Drugs policies and procedures
- Assemble basic HHC equipment upon delivery as required.
- Keep delivery vehicle clean, safe, and presentable at all times. Report any safety or operational equipment problems promptly
- Perform pre and post vehicle inspection to ensure vehicle operates in a safe manner and in compliance with all Lawtons Drugs and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Attend Department meetings as required
- Plan and coordinate deliveries in an efficient and timely manner to ensure orders are delivered according to scheduled times
- Load orders, verify them for accuracy, ensure orders are secure and stable
- Check in regularly with Service Coordinator
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Good Business / Industry Knowledge
- Reliable, conscientious & punctual
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- High School Diploma
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Ability to lift large items - up to 50 lbs
- Retail store
- Must hold a valid class 5 Drivers License and have a clean driving abstract
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.