Midland Transport in Corner Brook, NL
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking a full-time Terminal Manager for our Corner Brook, NL Terminal.
Reporting to the Director of Operations - Atlantic Canada; the Terminal Manager is responsible for all operational areas while ensuring efficiencies' and on time service goals are met. Development opportunities "start with one and grow with many".
- Years of Experience:
- 5 -7 years of supervisory/management experience with responsibilities in operations is preferred
- Transportation industry experience would be considered an asset.
- Education: Post-Secondary in Business Management would be considered an asset.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Development opportunities
- Responsible for all operational areas relating to Transport & Courier while ensuring efficiencies and meeting on-time service goals
- Provide leadership to terminal staff
- Deliver Superior Quality Service to all customers and stakeholders
- Ensure that Equity and Occupational Health & Safety are at the forefront
- Support staff through change while continuing to increase employee engagement
- Ensuring compliance with managing staff, company policies and regulations
- Review and control costs - budgeting experience would be an asset
- Ensure high productivity standards are met
- Support and promote continuous improvement
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.