Referral Number: OCIO.19.20.R0567
1 Permanent Position
1 Temporary Position
Position Group: Non Bargaining / Non Management
Department: Office of the Chief Information Officer
Location: St. John's
Closing Date: 20 Feb 2020
Salary (scale): $29.83 - $33.28 (hourly) (CG-35)
Reporting to the Manager, the Programmer Analyst works within a team that provides technical support and development for a number of systems including 12 AMANDA Permits and Licensing applications for multiple government departments. This position investigates, analyses and corrects production problems; writes or modifies simple to complex programs; defines requirements for system enhancements and program modifications; prepares test plans; performs unit and system testing; reviews testing with clients; writes/updates operation instructions and user documentation; works closely with the Team Lead, OCIO resources and clients to ensure that system modifications and enhancements are correct; adheres to OCIO standards; meets the client's business needs; and completes other related duties as required.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma program in computer science or computers studies (equivalencies will be considered)
- Experience developing or supporting IT applications as per the System Development Lifecycle
- Experience working with relational database technologies such as Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience developing or supporting IT applications using various programming technologies such as Java, .Net and Crystal Reports (asset)
- Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of formal incident and change management practices
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Knowledge of Java, .Net and Crystal Reports programming (asset)
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal)
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Ability to work in a team (teamwork)
- Client service orientation
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Offer
- Recent and satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from local police
Conditions of Acceptance
- Willing to accept on-call availability (occasional)
- Willing to accept overtime (occasional)
For more information about this opportunity please call: Lisa Staubitzer at (709) 729-4034.
- This position is considered a "Position of Trust" and therefore, a job offer may be subject to a satisfactory security check.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Disability related accommodations and alternate formats are available upon request at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-729-0130 or toll free at 1-888-729-7690.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications must be received on or before the closing date stated for this job posting.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- All information submitted as part of this application must be factual, complete and current to date of submission.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
How To Apply
Applications, quoting Competition Number OCIO.19.20.R0567, should be submitted:
Human Resource Secretariat, Strategic Staffing Division
50 Mundy Pond Road
P.O. Box 8700
St. John's, NL, A1B 4J6