Accounting Clerk, Supplier Revenue
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 67666
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Postal Code: B0K1S0
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for an Accounting Clerk, Supplier Revenue to join our Finance Merchandising Support team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
As the successful candidate, you excel in a deadline driven environment, have excellent organizational skills, and are continuously searching for new and better ways of doing things. You are customer focused and very professional. Additionally, you enjoy metrics and strive to continuously exceed expectations and standards.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Accurate and timely accounting of all manually tracked rebate and allowance programs
- Monthly period end accruals and high-level analytics support
- Identify and offer input for process improvements and efficiencies
- Timely and accurate completion of period end accounting working papers
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis within Category Management and Finance teams
- Troubleshoot and problem solve within specific area of function
- Investigate and respond to inquiries where internal/external department sources are required for resolution
- Build positive and professional relationships with clients
- Assist in vendor claim resolution within specific area of function
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 1-3 years of related experience; ideally in Accounting or Merchandising
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Business, Accounting, Finance etc…preferred or related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
- Flexible work arrangements
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.