Process Improvement Analyst
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 67663
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Postal Code: B0K1S0
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Process Improvement Analyst to join our Finance Systems team. This position has the option to be based out of our office in Stellarton, NS or Mississauga, ON.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role :
- Support projects through data analysis to understand root cause of process performance/opportunities
- Drive insights from large volumes of data
- Evaluate, plan, and implement improvements using continuous improvement practices to address business processes and underlying technology
- Participate in team building and group facilitation, compiling and tracking data
- Collaborate with business team members and desk top solutions team; Interacting with related departments to reinforce appropriate information flow and understanding of process improvement goals
- Foster a project environment that encourages employee engagement and motivates team members
- Support the continuous improvement efforts to ensure the strategy is understood and sufficiently supported by the appropriate stakeholders
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where colleagues in your department are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Lead small improvement initiatives
- Drive collaboration with project team members, IT infrastructure and functional stakeholders
- Champion and educate business team members on CI methodologies, tools and strength of fact based analytics
- Support objectives of all Finance and CI work
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 2+ years experience in IT related projects or business statistical analytics
- Post Secondary Education in relevant field: (Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering)
- Finance/IT experience in the grocery retail sector preferred
- Knowledge of SAP, Tableau, Excel advanced development
- Demonstrated experience working in project teams
- Experience with IT project methodologies
- Experience with CI methodologies: Kaizen, DMAIC, SDLC, ITL
- Strong analytical, oral communication, information presentation, and technical writing abilities
- Strong technical proficiency with computer hardware and SAP software programs,
- Ability to support technical requirements definition
- Expert in Excel/Minitab- compiling and tracking data with the ability to drive insights from data
- Team building and group facilitation
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.