The City of Miramichi is currently seeking applications for the position of Assistant Treasurer.
The Assistant Treasurer is responsible for assisting the Treasurer with the management of overall financial operations of the City and will work with the Treasurer to provide accurate information to Council, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Assistant Treasurer will aid the Treasurer in directing and managing the City's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to Council and externally. The Assistant Treasurer will also maintain the City's accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Treasurer.
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a focus on accounting or finance or equivalent education and experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities with progressive responsibility;
- Minimum of three (3) years management and /or supervisory experience preferably in a unionized environment;
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms;
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience;
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel;
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work;
- Professional written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving, and organizational skills are vital to the role;
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently;
- Ability to attend evening meetings as required;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines;
- Ability to interpret and implement City policies and procedures.
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
To apply please submit a resume to email@example.com or by mail to the following address by 4:00 p.m., February 21, 2020:
Human Resources Department
City of Miramichi
141 Henry Street
For more information on this position we invite you to visit our website at www.miramichi.org.