Orthopaedic Technologist (Repost)
Location: Multi-Site (Primary location at the Health Science Centre)
ORTHOPAEDIC TECHNOLOGIST (REPOST)
Ambulatory Care - Ambulatory Clinic
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour days)
Salary: CG-29 ($24.52 - $27.23 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019004380
Posted Date: February 5, 2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
This position works as a part of a team providing paramedical skills in support of orthopaedic services to patients in the Ambulatory Care program. Duties include providing immobility to broken bones or soft tissue injuries; applying complete walking devices; assisting the Surgeon in surgery; constructing and applying simple orthoses and prostheses for orthopaedic conditions; performing special types of orthopaedic bandaging and dressing; assisting patients in orthopaedic clinic; as well as, performing other related duties necessary to ensure provision of optimal orthopaedic services.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constant need for strength and/or endurance; having to lift over 50 lbs.
- Required to position limb over the shoulder in preparation for surgery and leave it there for extended periods of time, causing strain on the body while maintaining physical balance.
- Standing for extended periods and walking regularly.
- Fine finger or precision work is required to use equipment and using hand tools that require accurate control and steadiness.
- Visual concentration is required for the examination of x-rays and when using equipment.
- Auditory concentration is required to listen to tourniquet alarms.
- Higher than normal levels of attentiveness or alertness, hand/eye coordination, and other sensory demands are required for the application and removal of casts and fine sutures.
- Lack of control over work pace.
- Exact results and precision are required when positioning patients for surgery.
- Successful completion of an Orthopaedic Technologist training program recognized by the Canadian Society of Orthopaedic Technologists (CSOT).
- Successful completion of CSOT Registration Examinations.
- Orthopaedic Technician who is willing to write CSOT exams, will also be considered.
- Must maintain certification through the continuing education program as established by the CSOT.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
Open to male and female applicants. If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.