Executive Director – Performance Measurement
2020 - NBHC - 02
Executive Director - Performance Measurement
Permanent Full Time Position
From $ 3615 to $ 4269 bi-weekly
Pay Band 8
Application deadline: February 28th, 2020, at noon
The New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) was established in 2008 by the Government of New Brunswick. The Council engages citizens in a meaningful dialogue to bring the citizen / patient experience back to health service providers and policy makers in an effective, timely and objective manner.
As such, the Council measures and monitors the NB health system performance, and it publishes its observations to both the public and the health system partners. Within its mandate, the NBHC conducts surveys on a multi-year cycle, notably in health institutions and in schools throughout the province.
The New Brunswick Health Council is looking for interested applicants to fill the position of Executive Director, Performance Measurement. As a senior member of the NBHC team, the individual occupying this position will have a major influence on shaping the organization and its ability to realize its strategic objectives.
Under the authority of the Chief Executive Officer, the selected candidate will lead and manage the Council's efforts to evaluate the performance of the health system. He / she will work with the Council's management team, interacting with the New Brunswick Department of Health, the Regional Health Authorities, Service NB and Ambulance New Brunswick, as well as national organizations such as CIHI, Accreditation Canada and Statistics Canada. The individual will also be responsible for regulatory compliance, data collection, data analysis and validation.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support the CEO and collaborate with colleagues in identifying performance reporting deliverables for the annual business plan.
- Lead the identification of opportunities to optimize the use of statistical analytical tools, with the purpose of improving the effectiveness of analytics and public reporting.
- Assess appropriate trends to support the strategic direction for NBHC.
- Recommend preferred direction for health system performance reporting in light of opportunities and threats associated with health system performance management.
- Ensure cross training of team members on certain skills, for backup in critical support areas.
- Lead the enhancement of reporting frameworks (such as Population Health Model and Health System Report Card) and ensure that data and public reporting both respect applicable Privacy and Security legislation requirements.
- Develop strategic networks to maximize leveraging and partnership opportunities.
- Engage with stakeholders on performance evaluation and the Council's work, including presentations on key topics.
- Provide support on the identification and delivery of communication initiatives.
- Prepare briefings and updates for Council members and attend their meetings to support discussion.
- Ensure general supervision of quality control standards for performance evaluation.
- Review the delivery of projects against expected timelines, quality standards and budgetary considerations.
Education: Master's Degree in health services, or health administration, or in a directly related field. Equivalent combination of work experience would also be considered.
Experience: At least 6 years in a directly related field, with a solid knowledge of health indicators and their use in the development, planning, management and evaluation of health policy. Familiarity with statistical methods of data analysis is also required.
Required skills / Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both official languages are required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with management of research and analytical projects, and project-related budgets, and staff.
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) and Data Management would be an important asset, notably as it relates to statistics, surveys, data storage and visualization.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, time management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with timelines and short deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team.
- Superior knowledge of the MS Office Suite of software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point), and statistical software SPSS and SAS.
The New Brunswick Health Council offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. This opportunity to make a difference will depend upon your passion for realizing strategic objectives, and your desire to be innovative and to inspire others.
If this describes your abilities and interests and you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, please forward your resume and cover letter quoting competition number 2020 - NBHC - 02 before February 28th, 2020 at noon, to:
Jacques C.F. Lanteigne
Executive Director, Planning and Operations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. Applications received for this competition will be considered to fill future vacancies. Subject to the response to the competition, education and experience requirements may be raised.