Parks Activity Leader
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
PARKS ACTIVITY LEADER
ONE STUDENT POSITION
(from May to September 2020)
Herring Cove Provincial Park
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking a Parks Activity Leader at Herring Cove Provincial Park where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver the GetOutside!NB program and the Visitor Experience program.
The Visitor Experience program is responsible for the development and delivery of activities and events that will serve to enhance the visitor experience of New Brunswick's provincial parks.
GetOutside!NB is a community youth leadership initiative led by Parks NB, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society New Brunswick Chapter, Nature Trust of New Brunswick and Nature NB to connect people to New Brunswick nature through Parks.
Reporting to the Parks Activity Leader Coordinator, the successful candidate will, among other things:
- Implementing and delivering programs in the park;
- Gain an understanding of the natural and recreational assets of the park;
- Deliver imaginative and informative nature-based and recreation-based programs to park visitors;
- Develop and run special events.
- A resident of New Brunswick;
- High School student or post-secondary student returning to school;
- Strong communications skills;
- A strong interest in natural science, recreation or arts;
- Experience working with the public; and
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
- Outdoor skills training such as wilderness first aid, water safety or canoeing.
- Experience in developing and delivering programs;
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application all the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are required:
- working on weekends;
- overtime and/or variable hours according to assigned schedule.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: Based on Student Rates of Pay (40 hours per week).
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address before March 3, 2020 by indicating the competition number R18-2019/20-1602.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Branch
Place Marysville, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.