Clinical Physiotherapist I (Repost)
CLINICAL PHYSIOTHERAPIST I (REPOST)
Carbonear General Hospital/Pte. Josiah Squibb Memorial Pavilion
Temporary, Full-Time (until September 4, 2020 with the possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour days; flexible work schedule)
Salary: CG-41 ($36.32 - $42.83 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019005605
Posted Date: January 31, 2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Clinical Physiotherapist I has a primary assignment to outpatients; assessment, treatment and discharge planning to ambulatory clients. Occasional inpatient coverage is required. Regular service to long term care is required. Consultation with other team members for attainment of client goals is expected. Supervision of delegated activities to physiotherapy support workers is expected.
The position reports to the Regional Manager of Allied Health Services, LTC and Rural Avalon. Mentorship/supervision is available from the Physiotherapist III on site. This position maintains accountability for professional integrity to the Regional Professional Practice Consultant for the discipline. Participation in activities of the program and the profession are required. Student preceptorship is an expectation.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifts or moves objects between 10 - 37 lbs.
- Regularly requires a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
- Regularly required to bend, kneel, stretch and physically lifting, pushing, pulling and/or manoeuvring patient/clients with medium force.
- Occasionally uses hand tools and equipment.
- Time pressures and interruptions are experienced with little control over work pace.
- Higher than normal levels of attentiveness/alertness is required when performing activities in ICU with critically ill patients and dealing with clients with complex medical conditions.
- Graduation from an approved school of Physiotherapy is required.
- Registration with the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapists is required.
- Demonstrated communication effectively, both verbally and in writing with co-workers, patients and their families in a one to one and/or group environment.
- Ability to direct, supervise and mentor students and physiotherapy support workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of an interdisciplinary team and be able to prioritize caseload and patient needs.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Open to external applicants.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee numbers if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (ext. 5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.