Location: Clarenville - Dr. G. B. Cross Hospital
Nurse Practitioner - Family/All Ages - REPOST
Temporary, Full Time (until July 31, 2020 with possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour days)
Salary: NS-35, ($41.87 - $51.92 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019005182
Posted Date: 30 January 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
This position works within the Nurse Practitioner's (NP) scope of practice in the following stream of practice: (Family/All Ages). This is an advanced practice role providing professional, analytical and an autonomous comprehensive range of health services to clients and patients including but not limited to health assessments and diagnosis diseases, disorders, injuries and conditions; treating and managing acute and chronic illnesses and identifying health risks and needs within a holistic model.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves, lifts, or operates equipment/machinery up to 10 lbs. and regularly is required to lift/move equipment, books, supplies, and sometimes children up to 25 lbs. Occasionally, may have to reposition a patient over 50 lbs.
- Physical effort also includes regular sitting to conduct patient histories, performing work on the computer and when assessing patients, regularly stands or walks.
- When performing procedures, regularly uses fine finger/precision work and hand tools (i.e. medical instruments, computer mouse, stethoscope, dopplers, etc.) requiring accurate control and steadiness.
- Visual concentration is required when performing physical assessment and procedures, completing charts/reports, observing patients, reading equipment/monitors, and completing work-related correspondence on the computer.
- Completion of an approved/recognized Nurse Practitioner program is required.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of NL and Licensed (or eligible for licensure) as a Nurse Practitioner (Family/All Ages) with the CRNNL.
- A minimum of five years clinical experience in the last seven in Acute Care is required.
- Current BCLS Certification is required.
- Demonstrated strong abilities in the areas of collaboration, clinical reasoning, professional development, interpersonal effectiveness, conflict management and teamwork.
- Demonstrated progressive clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication, problem solving, decision-making, and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function autonomously in an advanced practice role.
- Demonstrated ability to support and participate in research to improve practice and client outcomes.
- Skills in computer and database management skills is required.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a reposted position. Those who have already applied, need not reapply.
Open to external applicants only.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.