Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Medical/Surgical Intensive Care with possible reassignment to the Coronary Intensive Care
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
12-hour and/or 8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will care for patients in critical condition by applying a care model centred on patients and their families. They will work in collaboration with the interprofessional team. They will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing care with the Medical Services team while respecting the physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs of patients and their families. They will participate in the planning, organization, delivery and evaluation of nursing care in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital and the nursing sector.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Minimum of one year of relevant acute care experience on a medical or surgical unit acquired over the past five years;
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Critical care certificate or equivalent, or be willing to obtain it as per set timeframe;
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) course, or be willing to complete it as per set timeframe;
- TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course), or be willing to complete it as per set timeframe;
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) course, or be willing to complete it as per set timeframe;
- Ability to remain calm during sometimes tense situations;
- Ability to get organized and set priorities;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, patients and visitors with tact and courtesy;
- Interest in becoming more knowledgeable;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.