Respiratory Therapist I - Casual
Eastern Region of Canada
Newfoundland and Labrador boasts some of the most unique and beautiful scenery in the country. From rolling pine clad hills and sprawling marshes to sea-view vistas and remote pebble beaches, there is something distinctive around every turn. A great place to live for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts from camping, hiking, snowmobiling, whale or bird watching, hunting, fishing and berry picking. There is no shortage of ways to experience Newfoundland and Labrador's unique natural beauty with coastline towns and villages nestled in and around dozens of coves, guts, bays, and tickles. Full of culture and heritage, the Eastern Region of Newfoundland is rich with history and folklore, museums, lighthouses, art galleries, historic sites, festivals and cultural events are plentiful. For more information on the region visit the official Newfoundland and Labrador website at www.newfoundlandlabrador.com.
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
Applications are invited for the position of casual Respiratory Therapist I.
Mechanical ventilation, airway management (intubation/extubation), arrest and trauma code teams, critical patient transport (internal and external), respiratory diagnostics, general therapeutics, and computerized pulmonary function studies, etc. This position maintains accountability to the Respiratory Professional Practice Consultant for professional integrity and practice issues.
- Constantly moves/lifts up to 10 lbs, regularly moves/lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally is required to reposition/move up to 30 lbs. Pushes/pulls up to medium force.
- Constantly walks/stands with occasional fast pace/run; works in awkward positions to perform/assist with procedures.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision, auditory, sensory, and visual concentration to provide clinical interventions, assess/monitor patients, to complete documentation, etc.
- May be subject to time pressures/deadlines and subject to lack of control over work pace.
- Graduation from an accredited academic program in Respiratory Therapy is required.
- Proof of current registration from the NL Council of Health Professionals is required.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
Eastern Health encourages you to inquire about our current vacancies, competitive pay and benefits.
Submit your general application by pressing 'Apply for Job'. Please ensure that you complete all sections of the application.
Phone: 709-777-3730 Fax: 709-777-1303
Human Resources Client Services
187 Kenmount Rd., Suite 203
St. John's, NL
Canada A1B 3P9
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for all positions. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check from the RCMP, or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required).