Radiation Therapist 2 (RD02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Radiation Therapist 2 (RD02)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent plans, prepares and administers ionizing radiation treatments prescribed by the radiation oncologist based on current practices for treating patients. They also carry out all other related duties, as per the needs of the department .
- Diploma from a certified radiation therapy training program;
- Member of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT);
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to organize and manage workloa;d
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"