Clinical Physiotherapist I – Repost (Revised)
Health Sciences Centre
Medicine Program - 4SB Neurology
Temporary, Part-Time (Until July 6, 2020 with possibility of extension)
Hours: 37.5 bi-weekly ( 8-hour shifts; days, weekends)
Salary: CG-41 ($36.32 - $42.83 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019006690
Posted Date: January 22, 2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Clinical Physiotherapist I is part of the interdisciplinary health care team on the units assigned. Team communication as it pertains to attainment of patient goals and discharge planning is expected. This position is responsible for the provision of physiotherapy services to patients with a CVA on the Stroke Unit, as well as to General Neurology and Internal Medicine patients on 4SB. This position reports to the Division Manager, 4SB Neurology/Endocrinology, Medicine Program, Health Sciences Centre. Clinical consultation / mentorship is available from Clinical Physiotherapists II and III on the site. This position maintains accountability for professional integrity issues to the Professional Practice Consultant for the discipline.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifts or moves objects between 10 - 37 lbs.
- Regularly requires a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
- Regularly required to bend, kneel, stretch and physically lifting, pushing, pulling and/or maneuvering patient/clients with medium force.
- Occasionally uses hand tools and equipment.
- Time pressures and interruptions are experienced with little control over work pace.
- Higher than normal levels of attentiveness/alertness is required when performing activities in ICU with critically ill patients and dealing with clients with complex medical conditions.
- Graduation from an approved/recognized School of Physiotherapy program is required.
- Registration with the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapist (NLCP) is required.
- Demonstrated effective communication, both verbally and in writing with co-workers, patients and their families in a one to one and/or group environment.
- Ability to direct, supervise and mentor students and physiotherapy support workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of an interprofessional team
- and be able to prioritize caseload and patient needs.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health AAHP Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health AAHP Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries
Telephone: (709) 777-7777, ext. 5 -2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.