Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 4 - Nord-Ouest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Surgery / Float Team
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE: 0.6 FTE (Surgery) / 0.4 FTE (Float Team)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 and 11.25 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care based on the needs of patients under their care. They will plan, provide and assess nursing care and will collaborate in the delivery of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitation and palliative care. They will also participate in the teaching provided to patients .
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year
- Professionalism and ability to establish helping relationships
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care
- Knowledge of community resources in health and social services
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work during very busy periods
- Ability to work quickly
- Patient teaching skills
- Following personal qualities: good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team
- Discretion in previous work
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to solve conflict situations
- Ability to briefly describe coveted job and explain interest in this job
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work
- Good work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"