Service Center Analyst
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 64941
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Postal Code: B0K 1SO
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Service Centre Analyst to join our Technology department based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
Note: Schedule flexibility is required - Shifts include days, evenings, as well as weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role :
- Provide remote IT support for all incidents and requests for all Stores, Offices and RSCs in a 24/7, fast-paced environment via standard contact channels (Phone, Email, etc…)
- Responsible for resolving all incidents and fulfilling all requests assigned within defined SLA
- Provide excellent customer service through technical support in a timely, efficient manner
- Execute the Incident Management Process including creating, managing and resolving incidents in the ITSM tool
- Communicate with Sobeys staff and ensure that all are kept aware of the status of their incident and/or request
- Execute the communication protocol during major, critical and high priority incidents
- Ensure that all incidents and requests meet quality standards
- Document all knowledge opportunities for the department and ensures accuracy of the knowledge base
- Maintain highly satisfactory relationships with support teams and vendors, ensuring Service Centre deliverables are complete
- Remain current on technology changes and all changes to Service Centre support
- Participate in analyzing, determining, and implementing changes that improve departmental efficiencies (continuous improvement)
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Technology related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to meet high customer service standards
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Experienced and broad knowledge of the Microsoft Desktop Technology stack (O/S, Productivity Suite, etc..)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan (FT)
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.