Computer Systems Analyst II
Health Care Technology and Data Management (HTDM)
Temporary, Full Time (Until January 6, 2021, with possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour days)
Salary: CG-39 ($34.36 - $38.45)
Competition Number: 2020000293
Posted Date: January 20, 2020
Closing Date: January 27, 2020
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Computer Systems Analyst II position is responsible for making sure Eastern Health's organizational goals are translated into technical strategies using the implementation and maintenance of medium to large-scale development and enhancement projects. The position provides technical solutions for all departments throughout Eastern Health and the Province.
Working within the HTDM Innovations and Applications division, the Computer Systems Analyst II will be a leader in the area of systems analysis, applications development (programming), business analysis, and requirements analysis. This position may have to serve as a member of the Eastern Health Change Advisory Board. This position requires the employee to perform analysis on application support issues, application programming, new project requests, risk mitigation strategies as it pertains to the technical environment. They will analyze business processes to design and automate workflows. They will also implement systems and conduct analysis of data sets across the geographic areas supported by Eastern Health locally and provincially. The Computer Systems Analyst II develops, deploys and documents test solutions on existing systems, and assists in the development of applications as to access process and procedures, and manage guidelines for account related access and audit related logs. They are responsible for reporting and programming using various methods in support of systems including Meditech. This position manages and maintains upgrades and updates to operating systems and applications. They will also program, test, analyze and deploy new technologies, participate in testing and provide information to the disaster recovery plan, and provide leadership to other team members.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifts objects up to 25 lbs., as well as occasional standing, walking, driving, bending, kneeling and stretching may be required.
- Constantly performs fine finger/precision work while sitting and using a computer mouse.
- Constantly requires visual concentration when designing and coding applications, debugging and troubleshooting reports/forms/scripts.
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Computer Science degree, or a Commerce or Business degree supplemented by a diploma in Information Technology/Informatics, minimum one year (900 hours duration) or from a recognized Technical College with a minimum three-year Computer Studies Diploma.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an IT health care environment is required.
- Experience programming, analyzing, and securing medium to large web and client applications using technologies such as .NET, SQL Server is required.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders within the health care system and authoring business and technical requirement documents.
- Working knowledge in other technologies such as Oracle, PHP, and Java are assetS.
- Working expertise and knowledge of Eastern Health's core enterprise systems - CRMS, MEDITECH and Biztalk Interface Engine (HL7).
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2)
Fax: (709) 777-1303
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.