Psychologist 1 (PC01)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 1 (PC01)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The psychologist assigned to the Provincial PKU Case Management Program is responsible for assessment, including psychometric tests, and psychological intervention and consultation for the program's pediatric and adult clientele. The psychologist is responsible for delivering these services from the clinic located in the Beauséjour Regional Health Authority as well as during hospitalizations at the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont Regional Hospital. The psychologist also takes part in provincial rounds in the regions with the PKU team and may be called upon to do assessment visits in patient' homes. The psychologist acts as a consultant for the province's health professionals. The delivery of psychology services may vary depending on operational needs.
- Master's in clinical psychology followed by at least three years of supervised clinical work, or a doctorate in psychology followed by one year of supervised clinical work;
- Certified member under the terms of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick Act;
- Professional experience related to health psychology assessment and intervention an asset;
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, the code of ethics and legislation governing the psychology profession;
- Proven ability to organize and manage work and perform self-directed work;
- Computer skills (Meditech module and Microsoft Office Suite);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment. "