Clerk Front Store (Part Time)
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 65313
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 884 Westphal Lawtons
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service by processing their service requests, payments, and transactions in an efficient manner. Ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Manage lotto services
- Process utility payments, rentals, and transactions
- Perform negative transactions such as refund or return transactions
- Assist in Front End Department functions
- Maintain customer service desk area
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Partial high school
- No previous experience required
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.