Irving Shipbuilding in Multiple Locations
Dartmouth, NS | Halifax, NS
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The Electrical Systems Engineer will assist in managing and overseeing the Electrical engineering and design products associated with the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role located in Halifax NS.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Years of Experience can vary 1 to 5:
- 1-2 years entry level, willingness to learn and gain experience
- 2-5 years Electrical marine experience
- Familiarizations with Classification Society Rules
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Strong sense of working through a team
- Validate that the electrical systems requirements are accurately captured in the CSC design requirements documentation
- Assist in management of the electrical systems requirements
- Support of technical, requirements and design reviews meetings both internally and externally
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.