Registered Nurse I
Location: Waterford Hospital
REGISTERED NURSE I
Mental Health and Addictions
Temporary, Full Time (until June 30, 2020 with possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 hours bi-weekly (8 and 12 hour shifts - days, nights, evenings, weekends; rotating)
Salary: NS-28 ($32.33 - $40.03 per hour)
Competition Number: 2019006366
Posted Date: 16 January 2020
Closing Date: 26 January 2020
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
Job SummaryRegistered Nurses coordinate and participate in the delivery of holistic and supportive care to patients/clients/residents by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating the plan of care. This may include the provision of emergency, health promotion, curative, supportive, rehabilitative and palliative services. They also provide professional supervision and direction to the nursing care team while supporting other members of the interprofessional team to achieve safe and effective care to residents. They ensure that documentation and nursing policies and practices are followed, and they work together with families to ensure the highest standard of patient/resident/client centered care is provided.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves/lifts up to 10 lbs, regularly moves/lifts up to 25 lbs and occasionally is required to restrain/reposition/move/ lift up to 30 lbs. Pushes/pulls up to medium force.
- Constantly stands/walks and works in awkward or cramped positions to assist with procedures.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision, auditory, sensory and visual concentration to provide and conduct risk assessments, observe/monitor patients, to complete documents, follow directions, administer medications, etc.
- May be subject to time pressures/deadlines and subject to lack of control over work pace.
- Graduation from a recognized School of Nursing.
- Practicing licensure with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (ARNNL).
- Two (2) years' experience within the last four (4) years working in the Mental Health and Addictions program.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.