The City of Miramichi invites applications for the position of project engineer. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering and is responsible for the administration and financial management of various constructions, development and other engineering projects. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director.
- Directs, coordinates, reviews and administers designs and tender activities for approved municipal projects.
- Prepares, administers and/or evaluates contract documents for tenders, requests for proposals and other departmental studies or reports; prepares recommendations on submissions and attends tender openings as required.
- Supervises and administers municipal engineering projects to ensure that performance, budget, quality, payment and other aspects of the work are in compliance with provisions and specifications of the project. Responsible for issuance of progress payments and authorized to approve changes in the work up to $10,000.
- Supervises and administers various survey functions required for property management, construction and other activities.
- Arranges, attends and/or conducts meetings and produces reports and/or minutes as required.
- Monitors and controls capital expenditures ensuring compliance with budget availability, purchasing policies and effective financial operations.
- Directs and provides record management for the development of a municipal master drawing. Coordinates updates to drawings as required.
- Plans, reviews and coordinates the design of contemplated capital projects.
- Prepares design alternatives and engineering estimates for inclusion in the annual capital budget.
- Communicates and/or negotiates with general public, contractors, etc. for various land and other requirements.
- Reviews developers' proposals for compliance with municipal developers' standards.
- Operates office and specialized field equipment.
- Uses computer software necessary to carry out the required duties.
- Administers the daily functions of the department in the Director's absence.
Minimum qualifications include an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution. Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick, three (3) to five (5) years of progressive experience in the municipal engineering field.
SALARY: $37.07 per hour based on 40 hours per week, as per the CUPE Collective Agreement
Interested individuals may apply in writing to Human Resources on or before: Friday January 24th, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
City of Miramichi
141 Henry St.