Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, the successful candidate provides patients with a variety of services and assists the nursing staff in performing their duties. The successful candidate collects and cleans material and equipment and returns these to the appropriate areas. The successful candidate also carries out all other related duties, as per the needs of the department.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- Recognized postsecondary training in basic patient care;
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of this certification;
- Practical computer skills;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"