Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Reports to: CEO
Date Created: January 13, 2020
Replaces: Executive Assistant, CEO
About 3+ Corporation
3+ Economic Development Corporation is the regional economic development corporation for Dieppe, Moncton and Riverview.
The Executive Assistant & Office Manager will manage the day-to-day activities of the CEO and 3+ Corporation, including coordinating meetings with internal and external contacts. The role is pivotal support position, as the Executive Assistant is a key liaison among staff members, board members and between the CEO and external partners, which include funders, public and private sector partners and all levels of government. Additionally, under this role you will contribute and lead special projects across various areas of the organization.
This is a full-time position where you will need to demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and utilize significant amounts of independent judgement.
- Provides senior level administrative support to the CEO through the facilitation of communication on their behalf (follow-up with letters, memos, reports, e-mail, telephone calls)
- Receive and triage incoming written communication to appropriate staff and facilitate response or action to be carried through by CEO as needed.
- Manage organizational communication, scheduling and logistics for key internal events such as board meetings, board committee meetings and staff meetings.
- Assist in answering the organization's main line and direct calls as needed to staff.
- On behalf of the CEO, provide essential support to 3+ Board of Directors, including serving as key point of contact, coordinating meeting logistics, communication and materials.
- Communicates with members of the Board and other stakeholders on behalf of the CEO
- Acts as liaison between CEO and staff to ensure appropriate coordination and follow-up on day-to-day issues
- Assist the Director of Finance with the collation and recording of invoices for payment
- Assist the Director of Finance with financial record keeping where required
- Support other functional areas and members of the organization's leadership team with special projects as needed.
- Coordination & Project Management of events and activities managed by 3+ Corporation
- Provide event support and planning. This includes logistical research and planning, day-of support, and invoice/billing management.
- Serve as the key point of contact for main office vendors, such as maintenance, mailing supplies, equipment repair. Monitor office machines and systems, and problem-solve issues as needed (including copiers and conference room scheduling).
- Monitor and maintain inventory of necessary office supplies; order supplies as needed to keep basic supplies stocked, and to fulfill special requests from staff.
- Design, communicate and oversee implementation of office operations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update office phone lists, email distribution lists, and other similar systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in office administration
- A minimum of five years' experience in an administrative support role, preferably at the senior level. Experience supporting executives a must have.
- Outstanding oral and written English and French communication skills.
- A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail. Strong sense of initiative and process-improvement mindset.
- Highly flexible, creative problem solver, with a strong ability to multi-task and interpersonal skills.
- Execute and exhibit good judgement. High level of professionalism.
- Superb organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient or advanced skill in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with data management.
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected.
- Able to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, displaying strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
- Experience of supporting a finance department
- Project Management or event management experience
Compensation and Benefits
3+ Corporation offers a competitive package, including medical insurance, vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays.
Please send applications by email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, including "Executive Assistant & Office Manager" in the subject line. Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.