Compliance and Risk Specialist
Compliance and Risk Specialist
Pay Band 4 or 5
($49,374 to $78,962 per annum)
Proactive • Professional • Accountable • Client Focused
Opportunities NB (ONB) is New Brunswick's lead business development corporation working with companies inside and outside the province to drive economic growth and job creation in the province. A nimble, results-driven and client-centric organization, ONB is a Crown Corporation, strategically led by a private sector Board of Directors, made up of business leaders from New Brunswick companies and academia. ONB believes strongly in the future of New Brunswick and since its inception on April 1, 2015, has successfully been the catalyst for competitive and innovative economic growth and job creation for the benefit of New Brunswick today and for generations to come.
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2018 and recognized as one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for four consecutive years, in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, ONB is seeking an experienced and exceptional Compliance and Risk Specialist to join the Compliance and Risk Team, in its Fredericton Head Office. Join a dynamic team of business professionals who are passionate about growing New Brunswick's economy, are committed to giving back to the community, and value making a difference.
At ONB you will be working for a dynamic corporate finance team. We have expertise in Moody's Commercial Credit Analytics, Banking, Credit Structuring, Special Loans and Negotiations.
Love where you work. Love what you do. Come work for us.
Who are you?
- You have a university degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related discipline.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the field of accounting or auditing.
- You have proof of completing (or soon to complete) a Professional Accounting or Auditing Designation (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA, CIA, CFE).
**An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.**
- You have strong critical thinking skills and a high level of business acumen.
- You are an effective communicator, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail and accuracy, organization skills and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You are a skilled negotiator and creative problem solver.
- You have well-developed writing skills.
- You have strong influencing and relationship management skills, with a customer service focus.
- You are at your best when you are challenged and thrive on getting results.
- You value recognition, giving back to the community and camaraderie with your colleagues.
As a Compliance and Risk Specialist at ONB, you will:
- Report to, and work closely with, the Manager of Compliance and Risk.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with stakeholders and other ONB team members.
- Execute the annual risk-based audit plan.
- Manage, coordinate, conduct and consult on various compliance reviews and projects.
- Summarize findings, conclusions and recommendations to effectively report to management and stakeholders.
- Review and provide key operations and internal control improvement recommendations.
- Proactively provide consultative services on the use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies.
- Ensure files are maintained, with sufficient and appropriate documentation and analysis to support the examination findings, recommendations and assessment.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick and may require occasional work outside of regular business hours (8:15 am to 4:30 pm). May also require occasional travel within the province.
What can ONB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to be involved in ONB events that give back to our community.
- Positive and inclusive work culture.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying the beginning and end dates in month and year format for all completed education and employment including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the address below by January 24, 2020 indicating competition number: R50-2019/20-1434.
Opportunities New Brunswick
4th floor, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 9M9
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.