Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) – Various - Positions
Hours: Part Time
The Nurse Managers for Resident Care, Shoreham Village, are responsible for all CCA Positions. The CCA is a critical part of the resident care team who helps our residents to enjoy life and manage their daily activities. As a member of the Resident Care team the CCA reports directly to the LPN/RN supervisor and is expected to work collaboratively with residents, families, volunteers and team members.
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with residents, families, volunteers and other members of the team in the development of an individualized Resident care plan.
- As a member of the resident care team you must
- Provide personal care to residents including restorative care programs, walking and range of motion
- Have the ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the job including safe lifting, push, pull and bending with demonstrated use of proper body mechanics
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to resolve conflicts
- Maintain confidentiality concerning residents, staff and organizational information
- Understand and support the principles of Resident Focused care
- Be a respectful and hardworking team player with a professional and courteous manner
- Communicate and report relevant information regarding resident care and any health and safety issues to your Supervisor.
- Provide a criminal record check.
Training & Experience:
- Successful completion of CCA course and provincial CCA certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Training and experience with Alzheimer and Dementia care is an asset
- Training and experience in Palliative Care is an asset
Hours: Full Time, Part Time, Casual
Work With Us
If this exciting opportunity interests you, please click APPLY
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AS PER CURRENT CUPE HEALTHCARE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT
Internal applicants will be reviewed first and preference will be given to seniority when skills, abilities, experience and qualifications are equivalent
Offers of employment contingent upon successful applicant providing a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
Position to commence as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.