The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
Responsible for the organization and management of the nursing unit ensuring The Birches standards for quality care are maintained, under the direction of the Resident Care Manager.
- Current registration with Registered Nurses' Association of Nova Scotia
- Bachelor or Nursing Degree (preferred)
- Three (3) years geriatric nursing experience
- Demonstrated administrative experience and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing process, nursing diagnosis, excellent clinical assessment skills and problem solving
- Demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work 24-hour shift rotation on any nursing unit
- Knowledge and experience in Venipuncture (preferred)
- Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Demonstrated ability to live the values of The Birches
- Experience in long term care
- Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management and/or Infection Control
- Experience working with Alzheimer's and related dementias
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: a pension plan, attractive benefits plan, and a competitive salary.
HOURS OF WORK: This is a union position; Given the scope and responsibility of the role, there may be occasions where the Registered Nurse may be required to stay beyond this time period. On call availability/flexibility may also be required at times.
Please email resume to:
The Birches Nursing Home
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929