Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
To perform and assist in all aspects of the personal care of the residents.
- Certification as a Personal Care Worker, Continuing Care Assistant or Home Health Provider is required
- Nursing experience in a long-term care facility
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work shift work
- Alzheimer and Other Related Dementia Provincial Certificate required
- Demonstrated ability to work with residents with Alzheimer Disease and other related Dementia
- Must provide valid criminal record check and vulnerable record check.
- Experience in long term care
- Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management and/or Infection Control
- Experience working with Alzheimer's and related dementias
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: a pension plan, attractive benefits plan, and a competitive salary.
HOURS OF WORK: Days/Evenings/Nights: All Shift Hours
Please email resume to:
The Birches Nursing Home
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929