PCW/HSW/CCA - Health Services
Come join the Northwood team!
Northwood is a place of "firsts." When life changes, and society changes, Northwood leads the way, with our commitment to quality and our promise of service. From new ideas to new technologies, we are empowered to do this, because our focus is on people! At Northwood, it is not just the care we provide, but also the conversation we have while doing it.
For over 55 years, Northwood has led the way as Nova Scotia's most dynamic continuing care organization. We are committed to innovation and change. We are recognized both here at home and across Canada as an extraordinary example of the power of social justice. We are looking for a dynamic individual to be a part of our Halifax team for the position of Production Supervisor.
Northwood Health Services
Northwood Health Services is part of the Northwood Family of Companies. It is an agency based company that provides support services to clients in their homes as well to persons residing in long-term care.
A shift may be varied and could include helping with daily activities of living, personal care, taking clients to appointments, respite for caregivers, recreation activities or meal preparation. Care happens where the client calls home: in the community or in a long term care setting. By working with Health Services, the employee decides where and when they work!
If you are passionate about caring for others and are looking for an opportunity to build a career with Northwood, then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Health Services Manager, the PCW is responsible for:
- Providing service to clients in accordance with their individual care plans
- Performing light housekeeping duties (e.g. tidy room, clean closets, hang clothing)
- Providing personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing, grooming)
- Assisting clients with meals and between meal refreshments
- Providing respite to families and care givers
- Engaging residents/families in leisure/recreational activities on unit
- Facilitating resident/family participation in recreation programs
- Providing opportunities for clients and their families to interact with environment in which they live/visit
- Meal preparation
- Documentation (e.g., reporting client concerns, progress notes, incident reports)
- Completing other tasks as required
A graduate of an approved PCW/ CCA program with NS provincial certification. Nova Scotia CCA Provincial Exam, or CCA Equivalency; or,
- CCA students who have completed their skills development
- Students currently enrolled in LPN or RN programs
- PSWs, IENs (Internationally Educated Nurse), Health Care Aides or other applicable course
- Individuals who are currently registered with the PLAR program with NSHA
- Current Standard First-Aid and CPR required
- Previous related experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and clinical skills
- Able to work flexible hours and shifts including weekends and holidays
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance
Work With Us
- Flexible shift options (Days, evenings, nights, weekends) - Your choice!
- Competitive pay rates
- Paid orientation and access to ongoing education
- Occupational health services
- Support in obtaining NS CCA certification
- Wireless Phone
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Northwood please visit our website www.nwood.ns.ca. If this exciting opportunity interests you please click "Apply" now.