Personal Care Worker (PCW CCA) - Various Positions
Come join the Northwood team!
Northwood is a place of "firsts." When life changes, and society changes, Northwood leads the way, with our commitment to quality and our promise of service. From new ideas to new technologies, we are empowered to do this, because our focus is on people! At Northwood, it is not just the care we provide, but also the conversation we have while doing it.
For over 55 years, Northwood has led the way as Nova Scotia's most dynamic continuing care organization. We are committed to innovation and change. We are recognized both here at home and across Canada as an extraordinary example of the power of social justice. We are looking for dynamic individuals to be a part of our Halifax team for the position of Personal Care Workers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A graduate of an approved PCW/ CCA program with NS provincial certification. Nova Scotia CCA Provincial Exam, or CCA Equivalency; or,
- CCA students who have completed their second mentorship
- Students currently enrolled in LPN or RN programs
- PSWs, IENs (Internationally Educated Nurse), Health Care Aides or other applicable course
- An Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) who is registered with the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) or the College of Nurses Ontario (CNO) actively pursuing license as a LPN or RN or registration with the CCA Program pursuing CCA Certification. Northwood has dedicated resources who can provide information on the above processes.
- Individuals who are currently registered with the PLAR program with NSHA
- Current Standard First-Aid and CPR required
- Previous related experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and clinical skills
- Able to work flexible hours and shifts including weekends and holidays
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance
Reporting to the RN Clinical Leader, the PCW is responsible for providing service to residents in accordance with the individual care plan. The PCW performs the following tasks:
- Performs light housekeeping duties (e.g. tidy room, clean closets, hang clothing)
- Provides personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing grooming)
- Assists residents with meals and between meal refreshments
- Engages residents/families in leisure/recreational activities on unit
- Facilitates resident/family participation in recreation programs
- Provides opportunities for residents/families to interact in their respective environments
To learn more about Northwood please visit our website www.nwood.ns.ca.
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this exciting opportunity interests you please click "Apply" now.