CCA (Continuing Care Assistants) – Homecare (Full & Part Time)
Northwood is Nova Scotia's original senior citizen advocate, dating back to 1962. Since that time, we have led the way as Nova Scotia's most dynamic continuing care organization committed to innovation and change. We are the largest not-for-profit continuing care organization in Atlantic Canada and have a staff of more than 1,700. We are continuously recognized as a great place to work, with the distinction of being one of Nova Scotia's Top Employers as well as a Top Employer in Atlantic Canada.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to be part of our home care team in the following areas:
- Halifax Mainland, Clayton Park, Spryfield and St. Margaret's Bay
- Bedford, Sackville, Mount Uniacke, Windsor to Walton
- Cole Harbour, Porter's Lake, Musqudoboit Harbour, Ship Harbour to Sheet Harbour and Ecum Secum
Reporting to the Home Support Supervisor, the CCA/ HSW is responsible for providing service to clients in accordance with the individual care plan.
- Provide personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing, grooming)
- Perform light housekeeping duties
- Meal preparation
- Provide respite for families and care givers
- Documentation (e.g., reporting client concerns, progress notes, incident reports)
- Completes other tasks as required
- International Students in Canada with a Nursing degree can apply
- Nursing/LPN students currently enrolled in a program can apply.
- Students of Continuing Care Assistant Program (CCA) who are about to complete the program can apply.
- Interested applicants must have a Continuing Care Assistant Provincial Certificate/PSW, be a recent graduate of a CCA program, or be a current PLAR candidate
- An Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) who is registered with the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) or the College of Nurses Ontario (CNO) actively pursuing license as a LPN or RN or registration with the CCA Program pursuing CCA Certification. Northwood has dedicated resources who can provide information on the above processes.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable vehicle required
- Completion of Standard First Aid and CPR C preferred
- Alzheimer/ Dementia care course preferred
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous related experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and clinical skills
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Northwood please visit our website www.nwood.ns.ca. If this exciting opportunity interests you please click "Apply" now.