Senior Applications Specialist
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 63975
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Postal Code: B0K 1SO
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Applications Specialist to join our IT department based out of our office in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Provide remote support for all IT Incidents, Requests and Changes for the Retail environment which includes implementation, configuration, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring
- Responsible for ensuring all queued work items (Incidents and Requests) are assigned to team members and prioritized in order to meet customer Service Level Agreements
- Develop deployment plans and ensures the execution of those plans through coordination of, and participation in, all deployment activities for both Hardware and Software
- Promote customer communication within the team and ensures all customers are consistently kept informed of Incident and Request status
- Coordinate and execute client training in relation to standard hardware and software applications
- Evaluate current processes and demonstrates conceptual thinking in defining new process improvement implementations
- Generate standard and ad hoc reports, and conducts trend analysis. Monitors and provides data required for monthly metrics and department dashboard
- Document all knowledge opportunities for the department and ensure accuracy of the knowledge base
- Comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established service levels
- Comply with IT Security policies and procedures. Verify all deliverables meet IT Security requirements
- Mentor other team members and act as a technical expert
- Participate in IT projects
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or equivalent work experience
5 to 7 years relevant experience in technical support in a retail environment
Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
Project Management experience
Previous experience coaching and mentoring staff
Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
Ability to meet high customer service standards, and communicate effectively via written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Able to analyze business requirements
Experienced and broad knowledge of the following: Point of Sale Systems, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Products for Microsoft and Mobile devices, basic Network Security Knowledge, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange knowledge, Microsoft Internet Explorer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
_Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers_
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.