Casual – CCA/PCW
The Maritime Odd Fellows Home is a 47 Bed Long Term Care Facility located in the town of Pictou, overlooking picturesque Pictou Harbour. The Odd Fellows Home has a long history providing quality care to our valued Residents and is in need of Casual CCA/PCWs to join our care team.
The CCA/PCW provides assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) to the Residents of the Odd Fellows Home for the purpose of promoting holistic care and independence. Working collaboratively as a member of the health care team by respecting and acknowledging the roles of all those within the healthcare system in contributing to safe, competent and ethical care, the CCA/PCW provides Resident-centred care that responds appropriately to the physiological, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Nova Scotia Certification as a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), a suitable combination of education and work experience as a Personal Care Worker (PCW) may also be considered.
- Communicates clearly and professionally using a variety of communication methods as appropriate to the circumstances.
- Previous experience as a CCA/PCW in a healthcare setting working with the elderly
- Conscientious and dependable with the ability to get along with others.
- Able to work independently with initiative.
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties within a flexible work schedule inside a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Resident Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
Salary: as per contract
Start Date: ASAP
Submit your resume to:
Rhonda Mason RN
Director of Care
Maritime Odd Fellows Home