Systems Analyst - End User Technologies
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
J.D Irving Limited, Information Technology is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic and collaborative people. At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is integral to how we work with and support our customers.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our team the opportunity to create real value by helping people and business work smarter. JDI IT provides support to the entire J.D. Irving Ltd. group of companies and therefore offers opportunities and experiences across a wide breath of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We invest in continuous professional growth and believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success - as such, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes!
Sound good so far? Then please read on - and if the below description fits your interests and experience, we encourage you to apply. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Analyst - End User Technologies in Saint John, N.B.
Position Overview : The Systems Analyst - End User Technologies will be responsible for providing technology support for PC and Mobile end user device environments, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory Infrastructures at J.D. Irving Limited. This System Analyst role will manage the messaging and communications platforms to the defined performance, availability, and security standards of JDI. Key responsibilities include end user support, incident and problem management, and Exchange and Office 365 enablement. This opportunity is available in the Saint John office.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
- Manage the Office 365, Enterprise Exchange, and Active Directory environment to ensure integrity, performance, accessibility and recoverability of data.
- Provide subject matter knowledge and problem solving abilities
- Plan and execute upgrades, migrations, and platform maintenance activity
- Documenting configurations, changes, issues and technical diagrams for supported systems.
- Day-to-day planning and activities including capacity planning and reviewing performance/statistic logs.
- Analyze, test and implement changes of a broad scope, high complexity and long duration.
- Investigate and resolve complex and unusual problems.
- Liaise with other subject matter experts, development teams, implementation support and production support staff to refine technical specifications, system scope and objectives.
- Configure, manage, maintain and continuously improve server, platform, and application monitoring.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for production support.
- Act as an escalation point to engage and manage all required vendor and external technical resources to effectively troubleshoot issues.
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
- 2 - 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Active Directory
- A degree or diploma in related discipline
- Ability to describe, create and manage system documentation, including standard operating procedures, and routine status reports; and script development, testing and implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident, problem and change management, and other ITIL processes
- Office 365 and Azure deployment experience
- Mobile device management (Intune, Airwatch)
- Experience with VMWare, MS SCOM, MS SCCM
- System Admin experience in Linux/ Unix O/S would be considered an asset.
- ITIL Foundations certified
- Leading Change experience
- Yellow Belt Certified
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.