J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Halifax, NS
J.D Irving Limited, Information Technology is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic and collaborative people. At JDI IT, the belief that what people experience matters more than technology is integral to how we work with and support our customers.
With over 320 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our team the opportunity to create real value by helping people and business work smarter. JDI IT supports all of the J.D. Irving Ltd. group of companies and therefore offers opportunities and experiences across a wide breath of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We invest in continuous professional growth and believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success - as such, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes!
Sound good so far? Then please read on - and if the below description fits your interests and experience, we encourage you to apply. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Analyst in Halifax, N.S.
The Security Analyst is a collaborative member of the IT Security Team reporting to the Director of Risk & Security. This dynamic role is critical to ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of J.D. Irving, Limited's IT environment. The candidate must have a deep understanding of security technologies and practices and be effective at influencing a team of technology professionals in a large, fast paced organization.
As a Security Analyst, you will work with project teams across the organization to ensure appropriate security controls are included from project initiation through design, implementation, operation, and disposal. You manage risk by leveraging existing controls and capabilities, and by identifying gaps. You will help business stakeholders understand and accept or mitigate these risks.
You will verify and provide evidence of systems security through detailed analysis and creation of policies, procedures, and documents. You will brief senior leadership on the results of your analysis.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborate on and execute a security incident management process
- Perform threat hunting and analysis
- Identify and manage vulnerabilities using Tenable toolset
- Perform technical and security analysis reviews and assessments within complex environments
- Assist in the development of security awareness material
- Conduct red team / blue team exercises
- Implement and manage technical controls to ensure that the organization is protected in accordance with its risk appetite
- Participate in security design and implementation throughout project life cycle
- Create and update IT Security policies
- Gather documentary evidence of corporate policies and technical settings to meet Government requirements
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
- University Degree, College Diploma or Relevant Experience Required
- 3 years' experience in complex IT environments
- 5 years' experience in performing penetration testing and security incident management
- Demonstrated understanding of implementing risk management practices
- Utilization of penetration testing tools and techniques or Red Team exercises
- Design and implementation of vulnerability management programs
- Implementation and management of security incident and event management programs
- Design and implementation of security analytics
- Knowledge of Process Control Systems concepts and technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to initiate and pursue independent work
- Able to communicate efficiently with senior leadership on complex technical issues and topics
- Passionate about IT Security
Additional experience and skills which would be considered as assets:
- Familiarity with security policy instruments such as ITSG-33 and NIST's Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Experience with risk management and security engineering
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Citrix, Microsoft enterprise products
- Experience with DNDCAF security functions such as COMSEC
- Have completed or has desired to work towards CISSP, SANS, or OSCP certification
- Able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.