Licensed Practical Nurse
Position: Licensed Practical Nurse - Casual
Responsible To: Director of Resident Care
Hours of Work: Shift Work - 8 and 12 hour shifts
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the LPN practices within the scope of their professional license. The LPN provides professional nursing care to residents in keeping with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department. The mission, vision and values of the Home provide the direction for the provision of nursing services.
- Accepts responsibility for decisions made and for achieving the expectations of the LPN role in the organization.
- Communicates effectively with residents, coworkers, managers, families and volunteers.
- Displays attitudes in work performance that are in keeping with the mission statement and are resident focused.
- Works cooperatively and respectfully with others to further the values and mission of the organization.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement by seeking ways to improve resident care and service delivery.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to change by taking responsibility for self learning, receptive to new ideas and willingness to try new methods and approaches.
- Demonstrates respect and caring by accepting others values and opinions, displaying compassion and empathy, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of others.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- LPN Diploma from an approved college
- Registration with College Nurses
- Approved Pharmacology Course
- Current BCLS Certificate (annual update)
- Good general health which allows for the ability to attend work on a regular basis and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Excellent rapport with elderly people
- Must have a good attendance record
- Good personal hygiene
- Personal police record check clearance and negative Vulnerable Sector Check
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to cope with change and fluctuating work demands
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, family, staff and other members of the health care team
- Organized and able to set priorities in a constantly changing work environment
- Knowledgeable of and implements the mission and values of the Home in the delivery of resident care
- Knowledgeable of departmental policies and procedures
- Practices and promotes occupational health and safety
- Knowledgeable of Protection of Persons in Care legislation
Continuing Education Responsibilities:
- Attends in-services and educational and training sessions for self development
- Attends compulsory CPR, fire safety and WHMIS training as required
- Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings
Only serious applicants need apply
Resume/Cover Letter must be received not later than March 1, 2020
If you feel you meet the qualifications for this position, please send your resume to:
Stacey Boutilier,Director of Resident Care
RC MacGillivray Guest Home
25 Xavier Drive
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 567-0437
Only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. Offer of employment is conditional upon completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credential