Position: Registered Nurse - Temporary Full-time, Permanent Part-time and Casual
Responsible To: Director of Resident Care
Hours of Work: Shift Work - 8 hour shifts
Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for assigned residents based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professionals and disciplines to ensure effective and efficient resident care and the achievement of desired resident outcomes. Nursing services are provided in keeping with the mission, vision and values of the Home within an environment of safe practice, respect for dignity and resident focused care.
- Accepts responsibility for decisions made and for achieving the expectations of the RN role in the organization.
- Communicates effectively with residents, coworkers, managers, families and volunteers.
- Displays attitudes in work performance that are in keeping with the mission statement and are resident focused.
- Works cooperatively and respectfully with others to further the values and mission of the organization.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement by seeking ways to improve resident care and service delivery.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to change by taking responsibility for self learning, receptive to new ideas and willingness to try new methods and approaches.
- Demonstrates respect and caring by accepting others values and opinions, displaying compassion and empathy, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of others.
- BSCN or Graduate of a accredited School of Nursing
- Current registration with CRNNS
- Current BCLS Certificate
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Other Requirements:
- Good general health which allows for the ability to attend work on a regular basis and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Excellent rapport with the elderly
- Must have a good attendance record
- Good personal hygiene
- Personal police record check clearance and negative Vulnerable Sector Check
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process
- Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Organized and able to set priorities in a constantly changing work environment.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, family, staff and other members of the health care team
- Knowledgeable of and implements the mission and values of the Home in the delivery of resident care.
- Knowledgeable of departmental policies and procedures
- Practices and promotes occupational health and safety
- Knowledgeable of Protection of Persons in Care Act
Continuing Education Responsibilities:
- Attends in-services and educational/training sessions for self development
- Attends compulsory CPR, fire safety and WHMIS training as required
- Attends and participates in departmental staff meetings
Only serious applicants need apply
Resume/Cover Letter must be received not later than March 1st, 2020
If you feel you meet the qualifications for this position, please send your resume to:
Stacey Boutilier, Director of Resident Care
RC MacGillivray Guest Home
25 Xavier Drive
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Fax: (902) 567-0437
Only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. Offer of employment is conditional upon completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credential.